Sunday, May 22, 2011
Vacation is over and I had a well desearved BLAST!
1. Men don't think about things us women have to do to feel feminine - like filing those nails that break or plucking the whiskers off our chins. Even when you break down and explain it, they still don't get it. So, you have to sneak away to find a mirror because they will not wait for you to pluck them in the parking garage.
2. Don't bother trying to shave your legs in a shower that you have to feed quarters to get hot water. No matter how diligent you are, you will forget to put a quarter in and scream when only cold water comes out.
3. Never point out the snake hiding in the leaves. They want to make sure that you are not seeing things and are not scared of legless evil things.
5. Traveling with men is completely different than traveling with women. I love my girlfriends, but after 5 days non-stop, we are usually ready to kill each other - especially if we have to share a bathroom. Men are different. Feed them, have lots of sex, be honest and you'll do just fine.
6. Figure out what your man considers a "man thing" and let them do it. Mine considered it the man's responsibility to start the fire. Maybe it's left over from caveman days, who knows. Just let them be the man - you'll be happier even if it requires lighter fluid.
7. If you are not use to days of hiking, sex can be difficult, especially when your hips get sore. Tell them the problem and they will find a way to fix it... ;D.
Cinnamon Apples are great. All it takes is aluminum foil, sliced apples, cinnamon, and a fire. And cooking eggs in citrus fruit is interesting. It does not work in grapefruit, but it does in oranges. It just takes 15-20 minutes and you'll get a lot of fly ash.
So take your man on a vacation. Go camping. Just remember to be yourself. After all, there is a reason he's with you in the first place and don't worry, I have lots of new material for future books!